World Autism Awareness Day is an annual internationally recognized day on 2 April dedicated for encouraging Member States of the United Nations to raise awareness about people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It was designated by the United Nations General Assembly resolution “62/139.
This lovely video from United Nations Autism Awareness day is by a young film-maker Benjamin Rosloff’s visit to the United Nations Headquarters in New York City and his interview with UN’s Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon. Before the interview, Benjamin had the opportunity to explore and film the building including art and photo exhibits from all over the world. The video – produced for the World Autism Awareness Day – reflects on Benjamin’s future and how it relates to major global issues.
What are some cool resources to celebrate Autism Awareness Month:
- All about Autism: A-Z Guide to Autism Issues
- Autism Society COVID-19 Toolkit of Resources by Topic
- Get to Know: Inspiring People with Autism
- 6 Autism Awareness Activities for Kids
- 10 Fun and Functional Activities you can do with Family for Autism Awareness Month
- Best Social Media Autism Awareness Sites
- Forbes: Experience What Autism Might Feel Like
- Social Distancing with COVID-19 poses unique trauma for some Austistic Spectrum people